Before moving to Chattanooga from upstate New York, I served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Panama from 2001-2003, taught English at a university in Mexico from 2004-2005, and worked as a trek instructor for Where There Be Dragons in 2005. My first job after moving to Chattanooga was in the foster care/juvenile court system from 2005-2008.
Currently, I work in public health and train health care professionals in evidence-based programming, practice radiological response exercises, facilitate health and wellness programs & co-authored an article in the Journal of Inter-professional Education & Practice. Occasionally, I speak to local media. I’m a certified English/Spanish interpreter and Chronic Disease Self-Management Master Trainer.
In 2018, I graduated with an MFA in Nonfiction from Goucher College. While enrolled in the program, I completed a 150 page manuscript that is the basis of my forthcoming book.
I love talking to people one-on-one and hearing their stories.
- MFA Nonfiction | Goucher College, Maryland, 2018
- Bachelor of Science, Ithaca College, New York, 2001
- Host/Producer, The Carleena Show Podcast
- Public Health, Tennessee
- Program Director, Lookout Mountain Court Appointed Special Advocate, Georgia
- Trek Instructor, Where There Be Dragons, Mexico
- University English Instructor, Mexico
- Community Economic Development Volunteer, Peace Corps, Panama
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio (Intern), California
- Spanish/English Interpreter
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Master Trainer
- Tomando Control de su Salud Master Trainer
- Workplace CDSMP Master Trainer
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Reiki Level 2
- Sake Kids Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Yin Yoga
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Senior Yoga