Hi! I’m Carleena Angwin–writer, educator and host of The Carleena Show podcast where Ordinary People Share Their Hero’s Journey. I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee with my significant other, Steven, and my significant canine, Luna.
Before moving to Chattanooga from upstate New York in 2005, I served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Panama from 2001-2003, taught English at a public university in Mexico from 2004-2005, and worked as a trek instructor for Where There Be Dragons in 2005. My first job after moving to Chattanooga was in the foster care/juvenile court system from 2005-2008.
Currently, I work in public health and train health care professionals in evidence-based programming, practice radiological response exercises, facilitate health and wellness programs & co-authored an article in the Journal of Inter-professional Education & Practice. Occasionally, I speak to local media. I’m a certified English/Spanish interpreter, Licensed Massage Therapist, Chronic Disease Self-Management Master Trainer and I’ve attended workshops in reiki, trauma sensitive yoga, senior yoga, and yin.
In my free time, I produce my podcast or write. Earlier this year, I graduated with an MFA in Nonfiction from Goucher College. While enrolled in the program, I completed a 150 page manuscript that is the basis of my forthcoming book. If you’re interested, I discuss my work in Episode 6 of the podcast.
I love talking to people one-on-one and hearing their story.
- MFA Nonfiction | Goucher College | Maryland | 2018
- Bachelor of Science | Ithaca College | New York | 2001
- Host/Producer | The Carleena Show Podcast
- Public Health | Tennessee
- Program Director | Lookout Mountain Court Appointed Special Advocate | Georgia
- Trek Instructor | Where There Be Dragons | Mexico
- University English Instructor | Mexico
- Community Economic Development Volunteer | Peace Corps Panama
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio | California
- Spanish/English Interpreter
- Master Trainer: Chronic Disease Self-Management | Tomando Control de su Salud | Workplace CDSMP
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Reiki Level 2
- Sake Kids Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Yin Yoga
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Senior Yoga
- Co-authored an article in the Journal of Inter-professional Education & Practice.